What data will be shared with Health Assured?
Only data that you want to share with your manager and are happy to be passed to Health Assured. If you have any concerns these can be discussed with your line manager, or alternatively, only disclosed directly to Health Assured once contact is established.
What happens if I consent?
The referral will be sent directly to Health Assured and we will arrange for the relevant counsellor / advisor to make contact within the agree time frame. During this call we will explain support options, gather further details about the situation and implement any applicable support.
How will you use my data?
Health Assured will use any data collected for the provision of EAP services, with all content being held confidentiality within our secure case processing systems. Further details of how we use data are detailed within our privacy notice which is available here. For details regarding how your employers uses your data please speak to them or look for their own Privacy Notices.
What will be shared with my employer?
Client confidentiality is at the forefront of everything we do at Health Assured, in relation to an EAP Referral and the support which is put in place, Health Assured will only report back to your employer to report whether:
- Support has been put in place by Health Assured
- Support has been declined or deemed unsuitable at this point in time; or,
- Health Assured have been unable to make contact with you on the contact details provided
Are there any circumstances in which confidentiality would not be maintained?
Although Health Assured protect confidentiality wherever possible, there are certain circumstances in which confidentiality must be broken.
- Risk of harm to self or others - if there is legitimate concern for harm to self or others, then Health Assured will liaise with a client's GP to arrange additional support, or if required the applicable Emergency Service provider
- Safeguarding concerns - where children or vulnerable adults are implicated, the local authority designated officer/social services department may be informed
In extraordinary circumstances, where the risk relates directly to your employer i.e. on site risk or where public interest outweighs confidentiality, we may inform your employers of details limited to that specific risk.
Do I have consent to an EAP helpline referral?
Health Assured will not contact you unless you have consented. Alternatives include contacting us directly via the helpline or website in which case your employer will be removed from the process. If you consent but then change your mind, please get in touch with Health Assured or your employer and we will stop the referral process meaning that the required support will not be put in place.
Health Assured can be contacted directly through your helpline number or alternatively email [email protected].